REVIEW: At Devil Dirt - Self Titled 2011

HeavyRock from Chile
At Devil Dirt - You Know it


Let me start this review by saying WOW!!! From the first time I heard a brief sample from this new band from Chile, on their Myspace page, I couldn't believe my ears. I was blown away by this two-piece. Yes you read it right, TWO-PIECE!! One guitar and one drummer! And both of them sharing the vocal duties, some sung in Spanish and some in English, all of it very harmonious and just plain awesome.

With guitars tuned down to bowel-shaking depths, and enough fuzz to choke a grizzly, At Devil Dirt create a huge wall of sound that can best be described as Kyuss hits the Floor carrying a Torche. There is not one piece of filler on this album, with most of the tracks clocking in at less than three minutes in length, it appeals to most peoples' attention span these days, and leaves the listener craving more.

I make it my mission here to scout out the coolest music around the world, and I'll be damned if this isn't chock-full of some of the best things I like, all wrapped up in a pretty little bow. The buzz around camp is this is the album of year, and I'm not one to argue. Check it out for yourself and let your conscience be your guide.
Reviewed by Adam Walsh

Track List
01 No Puedo Más
02 You Know it
03 Rockanrolla
04 She's Not Mine
05 Ven por mi
06 No Pude ver el Sol
07 Tragos de Placer
08 Vida
09 Mar Gris
10 That's The Way I Like It
11 El Dios que faltaba
12 Fuck Madonna
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...