REVIEW: Chron Goblin EP

StonerRock from Canada
Chron Goblin - Flat-Footed Hypocrite


After a night on the turps and a date with my PC, doing the usual Search for new bands, I stumbled across Canadian Quartet Chron Goblin. These guys play nothing new, but there heart is totally there and really addictive! I have spun this Ep maybe 8 times in the last 2 days and it keeps growing on me each time I hear it.

With each listen I keep thinking Nebula , Let it burn era styled rock mixed with good old fashioned punk rock rawness of the mighty Demoncleaner a hint of blues here and there, but for the majority of the Ep its punk fuzz rock which is music to my ears!

Chron Goblin 5 Track Debut oozes catchy numbers, big ballsy riffs, incredible vocals and a groove that can’t be denied by even the most perceptive listener. Tracks Like Awkward Endeavour  and Flat-Footed Hypocrite are perfect examples of what Chron can deliver, Josh Sandulak the vocalist is crushing on all counts and really delivers that perfect vibe on every note he hits.

Loads of people could say imitators! But in an ever changing scene, I still find myself digging the true roots of where our genre First  began.  So many bands from the late 90’s and early 2000’s have stripped themselves of these roots and headed in areas which I just don’t understand, arena rock and over produced records ! Chron Goblin stays so true to the good day’s live sounding raw energy which is so sadly missed these days.

These cats are surely going to be someone to watch out for in the coming months, when they release their debut album in June. I hope you too enjoy Chron’s Debut Ep as much as I do! Fans of Fu Manchu, Nebula, Demoncleaner Greenhouse Effect and the Glasspack will surely relish the buzz that Chron offer...
Reviewed by Matt Frighetto

 
Track List 
01 Mirrors 
02 Walk With Me 
03 Awkward Endeavour 
04 Change Your Hair 
05 Flat-Footed Hypocrite 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...